Live Classes - Via Zoom!
Updated: Jun 19
Join us as we explore, learn, and connect through this new live format together! To help everyone stay healthy and positive during current stay-at-home restrictions, our online live classes are FREE!
Times, frequency, and days of Live Class sessions will vary. Classes will be either the Fitness Fusion or Healing Yoga format. Once you opt-in and register for online classes, you will receive emails letting you know the date, time and format of classes offered.
Being on this special Email Notification list and Participation in Live Zoom classes requires an opt-in process and acceptance of a Waiver of Liability. To opt-in and agree to the Waiver of Liability click here.
Joining a Wade into Fitness Zoom Class:
1. Opt-in to the Wade into Fitness Live Classes notification and participation list by clicking here. Once you've completed the registration and opt-in process you'll be sent upcoming Zoom class links and passwords. (Links are sent once a week, so depending on when you sign up, it may be the next week before you get the next links and passwords. If you're concerned you missed the notification, feel free to email me through this website :)
2. To join a live class, you’ll need to set up your own Zoom account which is free. If you need help, Here's a link to a 5 minute video showing how to get started with Zoom
3. In your Zoom profile, please make sure you upload a picture of yourself and that your first and last name shows with your picture (not just email). I have to admit you from the "waiting room" to make sure only people who are supposed to be in the class, join the class. I won't recognize you from just your email.
4. Open Zoom and make sure you are running the latest version before the next time you want to join a class. Otherwise, when you join the class you may be forced to wait while your Zoom software is updated to the latest version and could miss the class.
5. Make sure you’ve got some safe open space in front of your computer for standing and floor work before each session, a mat, and check out your camera view of yourself so you can be seen during the workout.
6. Click the link in the email you receive for any class you wish to attend during the check in time. If for any reason the link isn't working, you can always go to Zoom and manually input the Meeting ID and password contained in the same email. There is no need to let me know you are attending ahead of time. If you've received the link, you're welcome to join in any of the classes!
7. When you enter the Zoom session, you may not see anything right away, just a white screen – that’s ok, just wait to be admitted to the session.
8. You'll have a 10 minute "check-in" window of time before class starts for us to admit you during which you may be able to enjoy saying 'Hi' to your classmates. Once we start the class, we may not be able to see that you are trying to join the session, so you may have to wait until the half way point of the class for us to be able to admit you.
9. Everyone will be muted initially so I or a class manager will “unmute” everyone for the first few minutes while we say ‘hello’ to each other and then everyone will be muted again for the class itself so we eliminate background noises. Everyone will be unmuted again at the end of class to say farewells. :)
10. Please make sure your camera/video is on at least during the check-in time. With this we insure only those that are supposed to be in the class are attending. If you'd like to turn off your video after we verify it's you, you can and still participate with the class.
11. You can set your own volume on your computer.
12. You may not be able to hear my verbal instructions during aerobics portions of class because of the need to hear the musical beat, so watch my hands and nonverbal cues and be careful in your environment!
13. To see my instruction on a full screen view, hover your mouse in the upper right hand corner of your PC and select “speaker view” (on an IPad it's at the top of your screen; bottom of your screen on an iPhone), if you want to see everyone while we are talking, click back to “gallery view”.
14. If tech issues prevent you from joining a session, fear not, you'll be notified of future sessions. Maybe see if a friend or family member can walk you through it. Be patient with the process and, Remember, learning something new is great fitness for the brain! :)